What is Concrete Grinding?
Concrete grinding is a mechanical treatment process of the surface using special equipment, like Husqvarna or HTC, combined with abrasive diamond tools. The metal segment attachments procure the removal of unevenness on rough concrete surfaces to reveal a smooth finish. There are diamond grinding tools to help make the process faster.
Have you ever been struggling to remove an old mastic or glues, waterproofing membranes, or epoxy coatings from a concrete surface? It’s a bit of a challenge most concrete resurfacing contractors, fluid floor applicators, and even waterproofers have in the technique of removing material from concrete surfaces to prepare to reapply a coating, membrane, or adhesive.
Why It Is The Best Method Of Concrete Floor Prep?
It’s important, that concrete mechanical treatment can be accomplished either dry or wet. Prepping the floors before installing hardwood or tiles is the only best way to ensure the floors’ endurance.
It is specifically important, when the concrete will be polished or coated with epoxy, as the quality of the surface will show through.
What are the benefits of Concrete Mechanical Treatment?
- Rebuild concrete surfaces. Removes all inconsistencies and imperfections, resulting in a usable and smooth surface.
- Remove dirt, paint, or mastic. The best way to get rid of different remnants left on the concrete.
- Install flooring (coatings, carpets, or tiles). A contractor can easily install any flooring on a smooth surface. Floor prep is key in the longevity of a new covering option.
How much does it cost to grind concrete?
Contractors usually charge around $0.75-$2 per square foot for light concrete sanding. This makes the floor ready to install a new floor covering. Here are the ranges for different types of glues or mastic removal:
- A thin layer of epoxy paint, VCT glue, or mastic: $1 to $1.2 per square foot.
- Thick coatings 1/8-1/4”: $1.3 to $1.5 per square foot.
- Black heavy mastic (multi-layer): $1.5 to $2 per square foot.
- Check our Concrete Calculator. You can find out How much concrete do you need?
Concrete Grinding Service Near Me
Your best option to find out the floor prep cost in your area is to contact a contractor. Request a Free Estimate to define the best competitive pricing. If you’re getting into the game of floor renovation, hiring a Pro will most likely help avoid wasting time and money on your first few jobs.
You might be interested to know How much will a concrete grinder remove?