Why Floor Marking and Line Striping is important? Modern workplaces, however safe they may be, are fraught with hazards. Forklifts energized equipment, loading docks, busy warehouses, and other hazards can make it difficult for employees to work and move safely throughout a facility. An effective way to improve organization and safety is using floor markings.
The lines, stripes, and dots lining facility floors can create order, mitigate hazards wherever possible and keep employees away from dangerous areas. OSHA addresses floor marking specifically in its standard on materials handling and storage (29 CFR 1910.176).
At DUOMIT we take pride in the quality of our work. With over 15 years of experience and knowledge, we provide a number of options in floor marking applications for various industrial facilities, commercial buildings, food storage, parking garages and processing plants.
Where Floor Marking Can Be Used?
Using high visibility, durable floor marking to establish restricted areas, unsafe areas, travel lanes and to direct people to their destinations, helps keep a facility both safe and organized. Other areas that should be marked include:
- Any locations where pedestrian and vehicle traffic lanes cross should be marked to keep them highly visible
- Mark floors to show areas where hazardous materials are stored
- Mark off designated areas used for forklift parking and re-charging
- Use striping to mark areas near the edges of loading docks (create a warning track)
- Mark areas at ends of aisles to indicate safe clearances for making turns
- Use phosphorescent marking and color-coded floor marking, to guide people to emergency exits or work areas
Overall the goal is to use various floor marking colors and safety tapes to control traffic to keep motorized traffic within safe areas and keep foot traffic separate from motorized. The floor line painting provides an effective means of organizing and improving productivity.
What is Line Striping?
VARIOUS PRODUCTS USED FOR LINE STRIPING
- Different types of floor marking tapes are used for temporary and permanent markings. And are ideal for light traffic facilities. Some tapes have capabilities to be used in cold storage facilities
- Aisle Marking Paints are quick-drying materials and have longer durability depending upon the traffic conditions and usually providing less downtime.
- We are applying a clear seal coat over the painted lines or floor signs, to add longer durability life to the floor markings in heavy forklift traffic facilities.
- Epoxy paints are very durable, ideal for heavy traffic facilities, and can last up to 5 years before recoating may be required depending on the traffic conditions.
- An epoxy clear coat adds durability and makes cleaning easier. Epoxies curing time is longer than water-based paints, however, it will increase the longevity of the product.
Line Striping is one of our most trendy projects. We use a range of solutions including glow in the dark Thermoplastic, whether it is to separate parking lots in a supermarket or lane marking a new section of the warehouse. Using a line striper and special protective equipment, we deliver high-quality line marking services to our much-valued customers across New York and New Jersey.
Line markings are seen all over the country, from your local pavement markings to pedestrian walkways and color standards cycle lanes. They provide a useful function in an innumerable range of circumstances, so it’s no surprise they are one of our most requested services.